Apply for the Opportunity Fund now!!!
The Climate Ambition Support Alliance (CASA) is now accepting applications, via the Opportunity Fund, to fund activities that increase the capacity and capability of climate-vulnerable country negotiators and negotiation groups to engage in international climate negotiations and take transformative actions to confront the impacts and risks of climate change.
The CASA Opportunity Fund provides grants to finance activities that support a fair, inclusive, and ambitious negotiation process in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), upholding the objectives of the Paris Agreement and Glasgow Pact.
CASA is a £9.5m UK Department for Energy Security and Net Zero funded programme implemented by DAI Global UK Ltd. The programme is an important support mechanism for many climate-vulnerable country parties that are adopting the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), by supporting their ability to access and influence climate negotiations.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from organisations based in the global south that:
- Support negotiators from diverse backgrounds, particularly indigenous groups, women, and youth.
- Focus on either Transparency & Reporting, Adaptation, or Nature.
- Support in drafting National Adaption Plans (NAPs) and Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC).
- Enhance coordination and collaboration amongst negotiators and strengthen progressive alliances.
- Generate products that support countries to develop capacity at the institutional, policy and legislative levels to implement the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Support climate-vulnerable country negotiators to access best practice resources, funding, and knowledge exchange to implement UNFCCC agreements. This includes support in preparation and submitting applications to large multilateral climate funds.
About the Opportunity Fund
The Opportunity Fund is a flexible and responsive source of finance available to all eligible organisations to provide grants for activities that support CASA’s objectives, enhance ambition and bolster South-South support and cooperation. The Opportunity Fund seeks to support projects between £20,000 and £100,000.
All prospective activities must be submitted via an application form, which is available to download below.
Successful proposals will be delivered by the applicant, who will be contracted by DAI.
Eligibility Criteria for the Opportunity Fund (your organisation must meet all the criteria):
- Be a company or organisation that is legally registered, or is in the process of legal registration, in its main country of operations.
- The Applicant has the financial management and technical capabilities to implement the project.
- The Applicant organisation has been operational for at least 3 months prior to applying for the programme.
- Minimum of eight years of project delivery experience within the proposed delivery team.
- The proposed project has considered potential risks and provided a clear risk management approach.
- The proposed project’s environmental impacts are minimal or non-existent.
For more information, please contact the programme team on firstname.lastname@example.org